Five Questions with John Graham, Founder of Churchill's Port
posted by LH, 30 May 2018
Photo Credit: Churchill's Port
- How would you describe Churchill’s Port, without describing the port? Traditional with a modern twist.
- In a sentence, dispel port’s fusty rep (and obviously a myth!) once and for all. Port is one of the finest WINES in the world and should be treated with that respect.
- How does one serve port in a hot and humid country like Singapore? Chilled*. It has plenty of fruit to withstand the cold temperature.
- What is your favourite style of port? Vintage Port and LBV for special occasions because they are rich and complex and I like to guess the year of the vintage! However, on a regular basis, I like chilled 10 Year old Tawny Port or chilled Reserve Port because they are also delicious and easy to serve straight from the bottle.
- What would you pair with a bottle of Churchill’s Reserve Port NV? Churchill’s Reserve Port goes very well with all cheeses and most chocolate desserts but I prefer to drink my Port on its own as a dessert alternative or while watching TV after dinner.
*Chilled refers to 8-10°C.